Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plowed snow Monday. Quad worked fine. Yesterday plowed for 20 minutes quad would not go into neutral so now it can't be started. Talked to repair shop and they had never heard of this problem and can't load it to take it there. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Welcome to the site...

Is it possible to adjust the clutch on this model? Can you pull both brakes in and start it in gear.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Plowed snow Monday. Quad worked fine. Yesterday plowed for 20 minutes quad would not go into neutral so now it can't be started. Talked to repair shop and they had never heard of this problem and can't load it to take it there. Any suggestions?
Manual trans???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding. Will try your suggestion tomorrow. Forecast is 6+ more inches on Friday.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Have you tried rocking it back and forth to get it to pop out of gear. Is this in a heated garage? If not, can you get it into a heated space?

Obviously you want it to work again, but your first priority is to get it in gear so you can load it, right?

·
Registered
347 Posts
On my '05 Foreman, i can pull in the front brake and start it while its in gear.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Is it actually not going into neutral or is the neutral light just not coming on? If it's just the light not coming on, it's probably just the neutral light sensor or a loose wire or bad wire or something. If it's actually not going into neutral, then I would try loosening the clutch play adjusting screw some, but not all the way out. Then see if it will go in neutral. If it won't, then you may have to pull the clutch cover side off and check for a shift drum problem or something. May be something to do with where the shift rod engages the drum. If it's not any of these problems, then you may have to go deeper and split the case. Maybe a broke shift fork or something. If you have to split the case, then you better get someone that knows what they are doing as this is pretty complicated if you are not experienced at this. I have split the case on quiet a few, but don't like to. It is a pain, sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts