Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 400ex, looking for a new axle and rear wheel hubs. I do not want to have to pay Honda an arm, leg, and my first born seen in my picture for this. I have been looking on ebay but here is my concern:

1999, 2000, and 2001 rear wheel hub part number from the factory is different than 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. The rear axle part number is the same, so what is the difference in the hubs? I ask this because I have found a set of 2003 and 2005 rear wheel hubs on ebay for around $60.00 and would like to buy them if they will work.

Any ideas on this or a better place I can find what I need le t me know please.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
my guess is they changed the bolt pattern..keep checking back here..someone will be along to help you out !..i don't know much about the newer models..i'm a old school atv do it yourself mechanic..if you asked me how to set the timming..change the piston..any of that..i could help you..lol..as far as these new bikes on mod's..i'm lost..lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
I would think they are all the same. I think they change the part numbers so the can charge more for the stuff.
lol mud..how about that..they charge you 50 more bucks..just because they threw in a different number or letter..what the heck..they playing wheel of fortune ??.lmfao.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
There the same.The only thing that could have changed was the offset.=narrower or wider.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the help so far guys. I believe I am going to buy the 2005 rear hubs off of ebay. Another question for you all, need a new spark plug wire as the piece inside the cap assembly has broken off. I have been looking at the factory drawings on the internet and i am having trouble finding it. Would it be the cap assembly under the wiring harness section?

Thanks again,

Brandon

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Appreciate the help so far guys. I believe I am going to buy the 2005 rear hubs off of ebay. Another question for you all, need a new spark plug wire as the piece inside the cap assembly has broken off. I have been looking at the factory drawings on the internet and i am having trouble finding it. Would it be the cap assembly under the wiring harness section?

Thanks again,

Brandon
Yep, #4 in the diagram below.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts