Honda ATV Forum banner

2000' 400exclutch install probem

1597 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  SlammedRanger
Hi, I installed new clutch kit ( springs plates discs) in the basket but now I can barely pull the lever in to get the clutch to disengage. Its as as if there is something bound up. I know I have new springs but this is abnormal. Its just stiff the whole way when pulling. The clutch pac was a standard EBC kit. I tightened the 5 spring bolts in a star pattern and when they bottemed out that was it I didnt continue to keep cranking as I didnt need to snap a 6mm bolt. Any info welcome thanks jim
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I agree with Submarine. Sometimes, if you don't know what to watch for, the discs and plates won't set all the way down to the bottom of the basket and the center piece won't go down hardly as far as it's supposed to. If you've never had this happen and don't know what to look for, it will be hard to spot. It's hard for me to explain. You might be able to take it back apart and reinstall the discs and plates and get it to go on down. If that's what the problem is, it'll only be about the thickness of one of the plates, too high. On the other hand, I can't be entirely sure that this is your problem without being there to actually see it and put it on.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.