Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i ride just plugging along my tranny will shift up and down with no problems, but if i get on it the tranny will not shift out of the gear it is in. I have to shut off the motor and then turn the key on and rock it to get it to shift back to neutral and then i start it and it shifts correctly until i go full throttle with it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your clutches could be worn and needing replaced or week clutch springs. Just my 2 cents.
If that was the case wouldn't it be acting up whenever i shifted and not just after running it full throttle. i shut it off and turn the key back on i can shift it back to neutral and start it and run thru the gears with no problems but if i go full throttle and let off of it i can't shift again even at idle it will not shift. i have to go thru the whole shutdown sequence again. I am just about ready to run it off into the sinkhole and forget about it :angry:

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I don't have any experience with the electric shift, but I would say that there is some kind of speed sensor or something that senses the speed, so that you can't shift at full throttle to keep from damaging something. That sensor or maybe some other sensor is probably bad. Maybe someone will come along that knows more about the electric shift.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
It may be different on yours but I had a Yamaha wolverine that would not shift gears when ridding hard but would at a easy ride. I replaced the clutches and that fixed the problem. this may not be the same with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts