Honda ATV Forum banner

261 - 280 of 283 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
well, I just haddddddd to go back out there, and move the gizmo !!..lol. got it in a great spot now, while I was out there, I went ahead and started taking the front fender all apart, took the front grill off, head lights out of the buckets, and cleaned them up from tons of mud/dirt..yuck !!. i'll post some pics of the gizmo in the correct spot later on, right now its time to lay this tired butt down for the night/day..lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks like Amazon has several different replacement rotors sold individually anywhere from 10 bucks to over 100. If they have them then they should be readily available from several sources I'd say. I haven't read anyone on here having any issues with having to replace them, but if anyone would know about that, it would be ok Fish for sure. Riding in the swamps and jumping gators is pretty damn rough on em so he'd know all about it and I haven't read a single thread of his mentioning replacing any. I'm sure it happens but not a common thing. How many do you replace on your vehicle, unless you run the pads till it's metal on metal and destroy one and have no choice. I'd be safe to say if you get a Higlifter kit and need a single rotor you'd be able to get one without any issues so go ahead and order a kit, slap it on and give her what for man! Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
update: got a few things done today, as you can see...I'M MAKING PROGRESS !..LOL. i'm tired, called it a day on this, I hope to have it finished in a few days, maybe by weds ?. all I like is the front fender splash guards, front mud flaps, front and rear racks, rear trunk install, rear tail lights, tires mounted, front end aligned, then its tranny test time !.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like Amazon has several different replacement rotors sold individually anywhere from 10 bucks to over 100. If they have them then they should be readily available from several sources I'd say. I haven't read anyone on here having any issues with having to replace them, but if anyone would know about that, it would be ok Fish for sure. Riding in the swamps and jumping gators is pretty damn rough on em so he'd know all about it and I haven't read a single thread of his mentioning replacing any. I'm sure it happens but not a common thing. How many do you replace on your vehicle, unless you run the pads till it's metal on metal and destroy one and have no choice. I'd be safe to say if you get a Higlifter kit and need a single rotor you'd be able to get one without any issues so go ahead and order a kit, slap it on and give her what for man! Just my 2 cents worth.
I had an idea of putting a kit together with bits i can buy here. But i dunno i get these crazy ideas somtimes haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
update: got most of this build done, all I like now is the bottom engine skid plate, the rear diff skid plate, fuel in it, and give the tranny a test, then I think ?..it will be done ?!. I need to go get some fresh fuel, fire her up, and let the horses run !!!..lol. i'll post some finish pic's when I get a chance, it's 5:34 am, and I have been up all night, i'm tired !!..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Looks awesome man.
thanks !. other than those tires you gave me ?, and the busted splash guards ?, I think it came out great !. I did not clean the rims up, he's putting fancy new rims and tires on it, as well as plastics , soooo..i'll leave that much alone, i've done just about all I could do to save it...lol.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
He can sell those stocks to someone wanted 12"s for a Rancher or 300, and for the plastics, I'm still fingers crossed for tan!

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
He can sell those stocks to someone wanted 12"s for a Rancher or 300, and for the plastics, I'm still fingers crossed for tan!
if he brought the new tires and rims with him, I could put the rims on my '88 trx300fw, then I could put front disk brakes on it !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
update: well outlaws, I see light at the end of the tunnel !..lol. here she is, almost complete ?!. still have not ran it yet to go through tranny, and a few other small things to finish, but other than this ?, she see's day light at the end of tunnel !.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
last pic for now !. i'm soooooooooo tired right now, long hours on this :).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
update: well outlaws, another project is finally done !!!, just took her for a test ride, she now has 1 mile on the display !!!...lol. so now I got my shop back for my money maker, this 1988 trx300fw project !. not sure when I will start in on her ?, I need a couple days rest..been putting in some very long hours, most of them I dont speak of on here...lol.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very nice work, looks almost new. It does so much resemble mine with the green fenders, will have mine back together soon also now it's running......you are a master builder....

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Very nice work, looks almost new. It does so much resemble mine with the green fenders, will have mine back together soon also now it's running......you are a master builder....
ty :). will be happy to see it leave to its new owner !..lol. I will be glad when I start in on my '88 trx300fw project.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
update: well outlaws, I see light at the end of the tunnel !..lol. here she is, almost complete ?!. still have not ran it yet to go through tranny, and a few other small things to finish, but other than this ?, she see's day light at the end of tunnel !.
Looks great!

Hey @mac102004, what kinda tires are those? They're Interco of some sort or another, but I've never seen a set like that with the sidewall lugs. I bought them like they're pictured (worn out) because I wanted the 12" wheels.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts

Looks great!

Hey @mac102004, what kinda tires are those? They're Interco of some sort or another, but I've never seen a set like that with the sidewall lugs. I bought them like they're pictured (worn out) because I wanted the 12" wheels.

Vampire ASX? I think they are called. Only come in 26” and the side lugs are only on one side of the tire, so they sell them in left and right versions lol pretty oddball but I think they may still make them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
yeah, they are vampire tires. 26x9.50x12

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
final update: well out laws, powerstroke has came and gone, loaded up, very happy with the way his atv turned out !!. did have one snag though ?, the stupid speed sensor gave up the ghost, and thats a part I could not for-see ?, and I don't have a spare here, he's just gonna order a new one I guess from partzilla ?. other than this ?, he's as happy as a tornado in a trailer park !!!..lol. don't know if he's gonna post on here to tell anyone of how well it is ?, I guess time will tell !. sooooooooo..another great build has came and gone ! :).

261 - 280 of 283 Posts
About this Discussion
282 Replies
19 Participants
Jeepwm69
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing