Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased front disc brake conversion for my 1999 Honda trax 300 4x2 from SUPERATV. The discreption shows that it fits my atv. However, it seems that I need hubs to make this work. Problem SUPERSTV can't tell me where to find them or what hubs will work. Can someone help me with this problem?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
SATV doesn't sell a kit for a 2wd trx300. Only the 4x4 that's why you don't have the hubs.

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
I would send that kit back to SuperATV , and get credit on it , they only sell 4x4 300 kits now days , the kit you need is discontinued from them , maybe you can find a hub that will work for you I don't know , I would think by now if there was a hub out there some one would have found it , if I were to start looking for a hub , I would look at a 350 Rancher 2x4 hub as that is the kit I used to put disc on a 300 2wd , here is a link to a kit that would work for you , you would still need shims and to make a 2 new brackets for the caliper mounts , the price went up another $49 since I last looked at it a month or more back , I was very lucky to have bought kits from Super ATV at $200 a few years back

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-RANCHER-TRX350-TE-TM-2x4-4x2-2WD-FRONT-DISC-BRAKE-CONVERSION-KIT-2000-2006/272067351837?hash=item3f587a551d:g:VToAAOSw7FRWYw-L:sc:UPSGround!70471!US!-1

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
In the pic , the gold mount is for the Rancher 350 2x4 , it has a offset at the end , you need to make a plate exactly the same except flat , 5/16 plate would be perfect and not need any shims , 1/4 plate will work with some shims from McMaster Carr is where I got them from

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
When I said exactly the same , I meant the center of the spindle to center of holes for bolts that bolt the caliper to the mount --------------- but you do have to make the mounting circle to the spindle to fit the 300 2wd and re-index it

for the 1st gen 300 2wd's , if you noticed how much smaller the pattern is for the 2wd black plate ( 2nd gen ) compared to the 4wd gold plate , there is a big difference , the 1st gen 300 2wd is even smaller a pattern and there is barely enough to get the bolts head covered

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
Yes , 4-110 and you need to have 12 inch rims to clear the calipers , aluminum rims are OK even though some kits say they are not OK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 5/16 plate is thick enough for the re-indexing for the bolts? And making this plate is the only alteration that needs to be done to make this conversion work?

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
if you were to buy the kit I hyperlinked and use 5/16 plate you should be good to go , 5/16 plate is theoretical as I have never used 5/16 plate , I used 1/4 inch plate and 1/16 of shims to make the rotor ride right in the middle of the brake pads , 1/4 and 1/16 is 5/16 ---

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you ..pricey but, I just ordered the last conversion kit from the link you gave me. I'm sending the other conversion kit back to SuperATV. I only bought it after talking to the SuperATV reps. They knew it was a 4x2 because, that was my specific question to them. Thank you for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
Dropzone
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing