Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just bought a 1999 400 ex that is missing the tail light. I ordered a light for it. My question is will this be a tail light only or is it a tail/brake? the light I ordered has two wires comming off of it yellow and a green and the bike has the same thanks

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Hi guys I just bought a 1999 400 ex that is missing the tail light. I ordered a light for it. My question is will this be a tail light only or is it a tail/brake? the light I ordered has two wires comming off of it yellow and a green and the bike has the same thanks
The '99 model just has a taillight only. It don't have a brake light. That must be the correct light for yours, because the taillight/brake light has 3 wires going to it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
yup 2 wires a posotive and a ground.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet thanks guys I belive you are correct the wires are brown green my bad. I got a bright idea after I posted the question .I went out to the bike with the headlights on and stuck a test light in the brown wire and got power.then stuck it in the green and hit the brakes nothing.brown/ pos green/ ground. Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yep, the wiring diagram for the '99 model shows brown and green wires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you figure this out how you can do this. Can you link me or tell what all needs to get this working and how much the cost would be?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts