Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have purchased a 1998 TRX300 that set in a garage for a year or so.

I first changed the oil, and removed the carburator and let it soak in carb cleaner and installed a new Moose Jet kit and air filter. I installed the choke piece that fits in the carb thats connected to the choke cable. I also drained the fuel from the tank and installed a fuel filter.

The starter was shot, so I rebuilt that and installed a new battery.

Now the problems start.

The 4 wheeler will start up fine and run like a dream for a Min. or so. After that it falls on its face. It runs like the choke is on. I have removed/cleaned and installed atleat 10 times.

Could this be electrical ????

Please help before I roll this thing off a cliff!!! Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Make sure your rubber intake hoses are not dryrotted or cracked, I didn't see anything stating that you even did anything with the air filter system What size jet was stock? What size did you go up to? Depending on what jet you may have to make some modifications to the air box installing a K&N or UNI filter and removing the airbox lid. Also did you dissasemble the carb completly and soak it and did you spray it out with carb cleaner afterwards it sounds like you might have trash still or an air leak. If you can close off the choke some you may just be dealing with an air leak. Pull the plug what does it look like? (Color) Dark too much fuel light too much air.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts