Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an old 98 fourtrax that I had given to me. I started it up one time to load it and it was hammering pretty good...LOL
Upon inspecting the machine I checked the oil and it looked surprisingly clean… Digging deeper into this I made a miraculous discovery!!! Some dumbass put the oil filter in this machine BACKWARDS… yes you read that right…..BACKWARDS!!! So I have no idea how long the top end went without oil but probably a not long. I inspected the head and the end cam journal is TRASHED!!! Luckily enough this seems to be the only damage suffered on this bike…. Now, with that said, I am a welder and this is an aluminum head so my question is, can this be re-welded and taken to a machine shop to be re-machined to the proper size and if so what are the tolerances? I have a cam coming. But I am not sure if that is a pressed in journal or if it was an all aluminum journal to begin with. Someone PLEASE help me!!

Thanks so much,

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
In order to access the Asus router login page, you will need to use the default web address or the IP address and then proceed with the setup process. You can then configure the network and device settings online. You can always reach out to the team at our end for help on the login steps and more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts