Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out with the battery dieing while out riding.Well we just kickstarted the atv the rest of the day.Well my uncle took atv to shop,and they replaced battery,and now the unit will not spark.Turns over fine,but no spark.So they charged for battery replacement and told it would cost more to find ingition problems.Any ideals,suggestions?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Check all the connections and fuses first.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
The coil does not make anything turn over it sends a signal to the wire or in an auto to the distributor so it can (distribute)hence the name... the current to the wires. however the ignition Module will casue a crank but no spark situation in both autos and ATVs. A non sparking coil will also give a starting issue. But as Pain suggested I would look for the obvious then move onto the not so obvious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have checked and rechecked the connections.Still can't get any spark.Does anybody know how much voltage needs to be going into the back of the coil?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I'm sure one of these guys has that info...coughcoughSABERcoughcough

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
just a curious question...... when you turn on the key is the red light onthe console lit-up? And is the little red slide switch on the left of the bars on??? I know I forget about mine all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts