Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to the Forum. My father in law just gave my daughter a 1995 Foreman 400 that is smoking like a freight train. She told her grandfather me and my dad will fix it so I don't want to disappoint. I am assuming that it needs a top end rebuild so I am looking for the best solution. I see kits on ebay, amazon etc. What would you recommend. Is it best to just bore it .10 over . This is my first time tackling a ATV top end but i have fixed everything in between go karts to Trucks.. I am going to mess with it this weekend and see how bad of shape it is in since it been sitting for about 12 years. Thanks in advance for any help. If I can get it running I am planning on converting to disc brakes or anything else you suggest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it was me, I'd see what the factory bore looks like before I got a china cylinder/piston kit from Ebay. If you can get away with a hone and a fresh set of Honda piston rings, that would be ideal. The head is a different story, might be expensive to re-do the head with Honda stuff, but maybe it just needs seals and not an entire valve job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts