Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great fun but seen better days.

So, I am after a silencer without any holes in it, a maintenance manual and any advice on servicing a leaking carburettor.

Does anyone know of anywhere to source spare parts / manuals etc ?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts

So, I am after a silencer without any holes in it, a maintenance manual and any advice on servicing a leaking carburettor.

Thanks.
when you said 350 big red..as to which bike are you speaking of ?..a 350 quad ?..only big red i know of..is there is one out now..and only one back then for 3-wheelers...as for now..it's the side by side..i'm not sure what your calling a big red for yours..i'm guessing a quad 350 rancher maybe ?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

Thanks.
when you said 350 big red..as to which bike are you speaking of ?..a 350 quad ?..only big red i know of..is there is one out now..and only one back then for 3-wheelers...as for now..it's the side by side..i'm not sure what your calling a big red for yours..i'm guessing a quad 350 rancher maybe ?
Honda put the big red graphics on alot of the 300's and 350's because of the sucess they had with the original. They hoped it would increase sales. Can you find out if it's a 300 or 350 and what year?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Here's a 300 "BIG RED"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

Thanks.
Honda put the big red graphics on alot of the 300's and 350's because of the sucess they had with the original. They hoped it would increase sales. Can you find out if it's a 300 or 350 and what year?
Man, I've seen all kinds, and I mean a lot of the 300's, and I can't figure out why I've never seen one of those with the Big Red stickers on it before. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that is a 300 and I would say it is a '88-'91, because of the gray stripes on the gas tank. The front end on the 350's were made different and the gas tank was under the seat on the 350's, also.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Don't feel bad I've only seen about 10 or so. Your right the seats on the old 350's went over the tank.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Man, I've seen all kinds, and I mean a lot of the 300's, and I can't figure out why I've never seen one of those with the Big Red stickers on it before. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that is a 300 and I would say it is a '88-'91, because of the gray stripes on the gas tank. The front end on the 350's were made different and the gas tank was under the seat on the 350's, also.
your soooooo right helmut..i''ve worked on alotttt of 300's..and i've never seen one with big red on it..beats me..it's diff not a 350..like mine..i'd say it's a 300 alright..but..as far as it being called a big red..only big red i've ever seen is the 250 big red 3 wheeler..and honda just started calling thier new side by side big red..i've never seen a honda 300 called a big red..ever!!..and i've worked on them for over 12 years..lol.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
your soooooo right helmut..i''ve worked on alotttt of 300's..and i've never seen one with big red on it..beats me..it's diff not a 350..like mine..i'd say it's a 300 alright..but..as far as it being called a big red..only big red i've ever seen is the 250 big red 3 wheeler..and honda just started calling thier new side by side big red..i've never seen a honda 300 called a big red..ever!!..and i've worked on them for over 12 years..lol.
Yeah, I know. I can't figure that out either. I've rode and worked on 4-wheelers for over 25 years and I've never seen one with the Big Red sticker on it. I remember the Big Red 3-wheelers and I've seen the new Big Red side by sides, but I've never seen a Fourtrax 300 with the Big Red stickers until I saw these pictures, today.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
i wonder if the owner baught big red stickers for a honda 3 wheeler..and put them on that 300 tank ?..only thing i can think of.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i wonder if the owner baught big red stickers for a honda 3 wheeler..and put them on that 300 tank ?..only thing i can think of.
I doubt it, because Rfear and Submarine both, posted a picture of one and they both have the same sticker. Maybe it's a regional thing or something. Like some of the Canadian model ATVs are different than some of the US models, on some of the newer ATVs, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
I doubt it, because Rfear and Submarine both, posted a picture of one and they both have the same sticker. Maybe it's a regional thing or something. Like some of the Canadian model ATVs are different than some of the US models, on some of the newer ATVs, anyway.
yeah..i never thought of that..it must be..because i've never seen any around here..not that i've worked on anyway.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
yeah..i never thought of that..it must be..because i've never seen any around here..not that i've worked on anyway.
That's the only logical answer I can come up with. I don't know if it's the right answer or not.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
That's the only logical answer I can come up with. I don't know if it's the right answer or not.
best guess i've seen yet !..lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These are some actual pictures of the beasty.

It is a UK model by the way. Had a crawl over it today but couldn't see any markings to differentiate it between a 300 or 350. It was sold as a 350.

Found this website that looked interesting, but they don't export,

H138827 - Muffler, ATV Parts For Honda

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
These are some actual pictures of the beasty.

It is a UK model by the way. Had a crawl over it today but couldn't see any markings to differentiate it between a 300 or 350. It was sold as a 350.

Found this website that looked interesting, but they don't export,

H138827 - Muffler, ATV Parts For Honda
That would explain the Big Red sticker. I still believe it's a 300, because Honda didn't put the 350 in that frame, unless they did it on the UK models. It should tell what size it is somewhere on the side of the cylinder jug.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts