Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this bike and it runs great but if I run for a while and stop the engine it wont start back up. Come back in an hour and it cranks right up. Is this engine overheating? What could cause this? This just started this year.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Banned
638 Posts
Don't think it's overheating cus if so it would be easier to start up.
Engine really hot is easier for combustion to happen. I know on honda car's they like to be run a little bit hotter than stock....it also gains couple ponies as well vrooom!
Check your switches battery and key switch. Something might make a good contact at one point then later won’t make contact. Start there and let us know...

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Your Issue isn't electrical in my opinion. In Hot starts your more than likely going to run into a fuel issue (improper adjustments on the carb) a Valve train issue (timing, valve adjustment) Airflow, Exhaust flow. I would start with a clean air filter then move onto the spark plug. put in a new plug run the piss outof it for about 10 min on your way back to your destination (toolbox) shut it down while your on the gas don't slowdown shift down or anything just shut it down. pull the plug let us know what color it is and we'll go from there.

·
Banned
638 Posts
^^^x2...I didn’t wanna break it down yet if it was one of the switches

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill try all your suggestions. I can not get to it for the rest of the week but will do it on Saturday or Sunday. My plan is to change all the fluids, Clean the air filter and then check the wiring. From there Ill go ahead and change the Spark Plug and as you said Run the Piss out of it and shutter down without downshifting. Should be an easy test. Never got an Oil Temp Light so that is good news. Thanks for the suggestions and once I run the tests ill get back on here and report in.

Regards,

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts