Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock 1991 TRX250X. i picked it up from my neighbor for $100, took it home, cleaned the carb, and i have been riding it non-stop for the past few days now. i love it, its a blast, but it's too slow for me. how much would a mild cam help me? i want to re-gear it, but i dont know what the best modifications are for those quads. what about a carb upgrade? i want this thing to scream. any advise is greatly appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks like garbage right now, because the seat is tore up, and it's missing some front fenders. but as soon as i get a few cosmetics, i'll be sure to send some photos!! i just really need some advice on the performance upgrades! thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
ebay a 300 ex motor my buddy has a 250x his son rides it mx. he put a 300ex motor on it with an exhaust k&n air filter its faster than it was. for him being like a 80 pound 12 year old its fast put me on it at 180 it slows down abit
the reson why he done the 300 ex mod though was to get more displacment which made mor power and it was more reliable than a bilt motor and for his son it is fast he does not use brakes so he really gets that thing a going
if not that direction start with an exhaust and intake mods to get the motor breathing better it will help.
but that was a good buy.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I have a 91 trx 250x also I got mine for an old pickup truck. my trx has a 12:1 Weisco piston at 50 over, stage one cam, FMF exhaust, 128 jet kit and K&N filter. My neighbor has a 300ex and it won't touch it and I'm about 230lbs not a light weight lol. But for 100 bucks you made out!! 300 ex plastics will fit nicely so will the suspension parts. I agree with tomgodd start with the exhaust and air flow then maybe move to the carb stock jet is 122 I think. step up to 124 or 125 with the other mods and you notice a diffrence. Don't forget the pilot screw adjustment too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have two 87 trx250's and a 2001 trx300ex all three are bone stock the 300ex can keep up with the 250's but the 250's seem to have a bit more up top I can slightly pull away in every gear with the 250.........now on a side note I have a 250x 2mm over bore12-1 piston ,web cam ,kibble white valves, guides,and hardend rockers and a dynojet kit its a rocket cant keep the front end down

·
Registered
372 Posts
you got a great deal on the atv! and welcome from georgia!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts