Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm hopefully getting my first atv/quad this weekend. It has kibble white valves, stage 2 hot cam, weisco timing chain, dome top weisco piston, and a dg performance exhaust (I don't know much about any of these things). The owner says that it needs to be rejetted. Does anyone have any guesses about the size jets I need? Also do all these upgrades and the atv sound good? I'm trading for an old Jeep I've had for a while. Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,389 Posts
I personally dont know right off hand as i havent worked with the trx250x very much. But there is a moderator here by the name of trx2five0 a.k.a. moose and he will know exactly where you need to start. You will want to give his as much info as possible. Altitude, ambient air temp, airbox lid on or off, full pipe or just a slip-on? All of the internal mods, piston size, compression, port and polish? Cam? Air filter? As much as possible and he will get you a great starting point. I built one with a friend a while back and we followed his directions and it fired first kick and ran and idled perfect first try. Hes taught me alot about jetting over the years and never steered me wrong. Either wait for his reply or send him a private message. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally dont know right off hand as i havent worked with the trx250x very much. But there is a moderator here by the name of trx2five0 a.k.a. moose and he will know exactly where you need to start. You will want to give his as much info as possible. Altitude, ambient air temp, airbox lid on or off, full pipe or just a slip-on? All of the internal mods, piston size, compression, port and polish? Cam? Air filter? As much as possible and he will get you a great starting point. I built one with a friend a while back and we followed his directions and it fired first kick and ran and idled perfect first try. Hes taught me alot about jetting over the years and never steered me wrong. Either wait for his reply or send him a private message. Welcome to the forums!
cool. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts