Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help...i just purchased a 91 trx 350 and i want to change the fluids..the problem is,i cant seem to find anyway to check my front diff fluid..ive changed the rear and the oil/filter but im stuck with the front..

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm not familiar with your machine but several here are! They will be along shortly to get in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. you fill it up to the bottom of the threads.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I think he is having trouble locating the drain and fill plugs. Unless I'm mis-understanding him.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If you look right in front of the boot on the diff. case there is a plug that is about in the middle ways up on the diff. that is the fill-check hole fill it to the bottom of the hole.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Oh if you don't already know it takes 80 weight hypoid gear oil.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eureka..i found it..lol

thanks for the quick reply boys...i went back out to my garage,took off two sections of skidplate and there it was..pretty much in the middle of the diff..by the looks of it,i dont think it has been checked in awhile...found an old mousenest...lol..thanks again...cheers from atlantic canada

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Glad you found it. Yeah, I usually just take my skid plates off when I change gear oil. The plates usually end up getting in the way. Even if you can get to the drain plugs, the gear oil usually runs out all in the skid plates and makes a mess. Plus you can go ahead and clean out any mud that got lodged in between the diff and skid plates, so the skid plates don't start rusting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts