Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again we are rebuilding my dad's 1991 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4, the shocks are worn clean out. So we need some new ones, ebay was the first place I looked but no such luck, google, nothing! So what do I do? I need the ones for an '88, '90-'92 4x4 but the only ones I can find are for a '93-'97 4x4. So do they fit, or can I buy NOS ones, or can I purchase aftermarket ones? which I haven't been able to find. Thanks to nay response!!!

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
new is discontinued, your only option is used from ebay, or power sports nation for them. you really need to learn how to search on partzilla for parts for your model !.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I search on Partzilla all the time, in fact that is often my first resource when I need new parts, cause' I like OE parts better. Also what is different about the 1993-1997 shocks and what needs to be done to make them fit?

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
Oh I search on Partzilla all the time, in fact that is often my first resource when I need new parts, cause' I like OE parts better. Also what is different about the 1993-1997 shocks and what needs to be done to make them fit?
do not know the difference, as i never use anything but the year it calls for. there are a ton of used shocks on ebay, and i'm sure power sports nation also has some used shocks. progressive brand name would be the only company i can think of that would make after market shocks for your atv, but i doubt they make them for it ?.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the problem with purchasing used shocks is that I don't know if they are any better than the ones that I have currently. Do you know where I could buy some NOS ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts