Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a 1991 Honda Fourtrax a couple months ago, and have been riding it some. However, I would like to change out both the front and rear suspension on it before I continue riding just because of the age and they are probably due for a change. I have done some research and have found nothing for "OEM" shock absorbers. Most sites only go to 1993 for year. Any suggestions, or has someone been able to find a suitable replacement. I have read on a couple of threats that the progressive 512's are a good aftermarket shock absorber. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I too just bought a 300. Mine is an 88 or 89 model.

I have read that 300EX shocks are supposed to give a slight lift (inch or so) and ride much better than stock.

I have a set of 350 Rancher shocks I pulled off of a parts bike a while back that I was going to try to use on mine.

Will be interesting to see what recommendations are made by long time 300 owners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is the Rancher? Is there anything I should be concerned with when looking? I was going to measure the absorbers to get a better idea.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Rancher was a 2000. If I recall, I might have to trim the lower eye on the rear shock a bit for it to fit the 300 lower shock mount.

Just picked up the 300 yesterday, so haven't really even looked at it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts