Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i have a honda 300 i was wondering how to tighten the btiming chain and how tight ?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
If your engine is like mine it will have a chain tensioner that automatically adjust the tension on the chain if you have to much slack your chains is more than likely stretched and will need replacing. I would recomend replacing the cam chain guide as well. They have been known to fail and break off inside the crankcase.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Agree^^ the tensioner is #6

·
Registered
1 Posts
front axle boot

i have a 91 300 4 trax with a torn right front axle boot,wrenched alot on cars not on atv`s. i bought the boot have on the lift in garage anything tricky or just do it

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Just do it man..... piece of cake just like a car. just make sure you disassemble the joint and clean it.

i have a 91 300 4 trax with a torn right front axle boot,wrenched alot on cars not on atv`s. i bought the boot have on the lift in garage anything tricky or just do it

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
x3 Not to bad of a job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts