Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been rebuilding my first 4 wheeler that was my grandfather's that he gave to me at 15 (I destroyed it ofcourse) I've got down to the shocks but I cant seem to find new front shocks for it....

Everything I see is for a 93 model and newer with bolt holes in the top and bottom. I need the tube shocks with the round sleeves on them.

I'm not looking for lift or anything just making is stock.

Does anyone have a direction they can point me in??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not what I wanted to hear. Has anyone every modified the struts to accept newer shocks then?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive owned a 90 for a few years finally pulled it outta shed and hot a parts bike parts bike was a 99 my bike is a 90 frames are simular but in the front no upper control arms thinking of cutting it all out of the other frame and weldeing the parts in around the steering stem being between both biles thats the major diff i see in frames theres a square box the steering stem sits in that is about mid height up fam on the newer style, on my 90 model that same part is about a foot lower and frames on the older 2wd bikes are wider then the newer style so control arms are narrower for lowers found out firat had whats interchangable and whats not thinking i may be modifying my frame to accept the newer style suspension, so far though plastics work gas tank works wireing works and sensors in the harness work, just few differances i see between the 99 i stiped for parts and the 90 im rebuilding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts