Honda ATV Forum banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
update: waiting on my front fender stays, new dash cover, then I get the pleasure of taking the front fender back off to replace the dash. all these parts should ( usps ) is delivering them today ?, then I will tear into that tonight. need to make a run to wally world for some gloss black paint for the front rack and front bumper. I plan on re-painting the fuel tank, but it will be a while before I do that, I ordered new fuel tank decals, and they are on back order from honda. yes..they are OEM decals..not those stupid repo decals that ebay sells !..lol. after some digging and research, I found out this fuel tank decal says its for a 1991 trx300fw , or at least in that year range ?, its not for a 1988 trx300fw for sure !. I carefully matched up the decals, and the 1988 fuel decal is not the same as the decal that is on this tank. one thing I did discover lately: the paint I sprayed on the plastics scratch off very easy !!. it don't hold very well compared to the spray paint I have used in the past ?..oh well..the new owner is going to take it out in the woods anyway on day one during hunting season, so I just know they will scratch the crap out of it anyway..lol. its not a collectors item, its not a museum piece, but very close !!!! :).
The original tank for that thing was rough. Had been painted camo and had rust on the inside. That one had decent paint and was clean on the inside so it's the one I sent.

You might check with blue line graphics. I got some tan camo stickers for the kid's 300 and they looked great. Good heavy vinyl, not like the cheap ebay reproduction stickers. https://www.bluelinedecals.com/trx-300

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
update: here she sits @ about 98% complete ?. I still got a few things to do, repaint the fuel tank, paint the new oem side cover for the kick starter side to match the rest of the atv. I think it has turned out looking pretty dang good in my book ! :). yes I know she's dusty looking !, but I will wash her down when I am 100% done, and thats a good ways down the road from now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
this is what I started with !. if you look very closely, you can make her out in the front of my trailer :).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
update: been awhile sense I worked on this project, cabin had me busy. now I am back to finishing this once and for all !. here is the fuel tank getting a make-over. got it stripped of old paint, put a coat of primer on it, need to let that dry, then paint it, new oem decals for the sides, then clear coat it. get a battery, then skid plate on after I clean it up, painted, then test ride, wash her up, then up for sale she goes !. Footwear Personal protective equipment Shoe Metal Art Wood Metal White Undergarment Undergarment Urinal Room Plumbing fixture

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
first coat of clear coat on fuel tank.
Red Vehicle Fender
Red Fuel tank Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle
Red Fender

Reactions: Goober

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
just so everyone knows ?..I am NOT a body man at all !..lmao.

Reactions: Goober and _Wilson_

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Wow! Looks amazing.
did you put a fan in it?
Do you have a price in mind? I figure these are worth $2500-$3500 but people who don’t know these don’t like those numbers!

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Wow! Looks amazing.
did you put a fan in it?
Do you have a price in mind? I figure these are worth $2500-$3500 but people who don’t know these don’t like those numbers!
no, I decided to leave the fan option out. thank you for the kind words. yes..i have a price in mind, I will start the bidding at 3k when I post it up on CL's hopefully sometime Tuesday ?.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
update: here she is almost done !. I like the battery ( picking that up tomorrow ), installing the skid plates , fuel in tank, then fire her up !.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
she's finally done !!. just put it on cl's. asking 3k. forum members get a small discount if anyone is interested ? :).
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Red Car

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Nice work!! Hoping mine will look half that good. Still trying to get spark. LOL View attachment 149359
TY !. if you got a neutral light, all connections inside black box under bars in front, tested reg/rec, oem ignition switch, and plugged in right ?, i'd almost bet your c.d.i. is bad !. honda still sells oem c.d.i. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OTHER THAN OEM FROM HONDA !!.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I made a mistake. Bought a new CDI from Rocky Mountain before testing the reg/rec. now I have a used reg/rec on its way. The stator was testing funny as well. Should be here tonight. Going to put the stator in and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I made a mistake. Bought a new CDI from Rocky Mountain before testing the reg/rec. now I have a used reg/rec on its way. The stator was testing funny as well. Should be here tonight. Going to put the stator in and see what happens.
ok, keep us posted !.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Shadetree wondering if you sold the 88 for 3k. After the time spent on mine I’d say yours is worth every penny ! Hope you did well!

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Shadetree wondering if you sold the 88 for 3k. After the time spent on mine I’d say yours is worth every penny ! Hope you did well!
nope, still have it, forums members get a discount if a member was to buy it, $ 2,800.00 to members.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts