Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this is a duplicate posting. I'm having a little trouble posting to this forum after joining it today.

My problem is with a 1987 Honda TRX250. I purchased it recently and it's in great shape. The one issue it does have and that I would like to fix, is when steering straight ahead, the handlebars point to the left rather then straight ahead. Overall the steering is smooth and without binds. both wheels are pointing in the same direction. Everything seems to work just fine except for the offset of about 10 degrees from straight of the handlebars. I was wondering if I can fix this condition by removing the handlebars and adjustable the condition at the stem of the steering mechanism.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
John

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Welcome to the forums. With the handlebars pointing straight, look at the piece that bolts to the bottom of the steering stem, the piece that the tie rod ends bolt to. If this piece looks like it's pointing straight, then your tie rods might be adjusted wrong. Someone might have aligned the front end with the handlebars not pointing straight forward. If this is the case, turn your handlebars where they're pointing straight ahead and realign the front end, by adjusting the tie rods.

Before adjusting anything, look over all the parts and make sure nothing is bent.

· Registered
118 Posts
Never worked on a 250, but it looks like it may also be possible for the fork bridge(top of stem) to be misaligned. It should have a master spline that only fits in one position, but it may be worth at least a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.