Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed my master cylinder due to the fluid pouring out...problem is that when i hit the front brakes the right side grabs b4 the left ...but if you pump the handle about 2 times then both side hit at the same time.. maybe the left side needs adjusting out maybe???:bling:

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
changed my master cylinder due to the fluid pouring out...problem is that when i hit the front brakes the right side grabs b4 the left ...but if you pump the handle about 2 times then both side hit at the same time.. maybe the left side needs adjusting out maybe???:bling:
Yeah, that's probably what it is.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Bleed the system I usually remove the brake resovior cap open the bleeders on both wheels and let it drip for about 15 min just don't let the res, run out. In the bottom of the Res stick a screwdriver in there to open the rubber flap or it will only drain the lines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bleed the system I usually remove the brake resovior cap open the bleeders on both wheels and let it drip for about 15 min just don't let the res, run out. In the bottom of the Res stick a screwdriver in there to open the rubber flap or it will only drain the lines.
i dont have the rubber flap in mine ..mine is off a honda cbr street bike it mounted right up and and even has an adjustable lever ...but none the less i will let it drip and also check the shoes on the left side

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmm, I would try adjusting the left side. Let me ask you something, does your handle depress all the way to the grip? Just rebuild my cylinders and still can't get any resistance on the handle, brakes engage but I would imagine there would be some resistance there.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
hmm, I would try adjusting the left side. Let me ask you something, does your handle depress all the way to the grip? Just rebuild my cylinders and still can't get any resistance on the handle, brakes engage but I would imagine there would be some resistance there.
What did you rebuild, the wheel cylinders? It sounds like you might need to rebuild your master cylinder, too.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It's called gravity bleeding. In my opinion, it's the best way to bleed brakes. It seems like you can get the air out easier that way. But like Moose said, don't let the reservoir run dry. You may have to stand there and constantly pour fluid into it, while it's draining.

You can just pop that little rubber piece out and then put it back in when you get done bleeding them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I rebuilt the wheel cylinders and rebuilding the master cylinder was my next idea. KJ if gravity bleeding doesn't work for you you can always get a syringe, hose and push fluid through the bleeder valve back up to the master cylinder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont have the rubber flap in mine ..mine is off a honda cbr street bike it mounted right up and and even has an adjustable lever ...but none the less i will let it drip and also check the shoes on the left side
brakes fixed adjusted the left side and cleaned the drum out and she will almost do a stoppie so for an 87 modle good enough for me

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
brakes fixed adjusted the left side and cleaned the drum out and she will almost do a stoppie so for an 87 modle good enough for me
Good deal. One can use a brake or two, once in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts