Honda ATV Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Not anything worth messing with.
You could replace it with a plastic tank.
Mine has no rust after 3 years

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could not suck it out with a hand pump. finally pressurized the tank through the gas cap vent. Some powdered rust came out before clogging. Will try more. Do you have a plastic tank recommendation?

·
Super Moderator
38,043 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,043 Posts
Do you know the metric size number for the petcock orings? Fuel guage is 56 x 2.6 mm.
you can go to harbor freight, purchase a metric and standard o-ring kit, they are cheap, have all sizes, thats what i did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thought I would let you know what finally worked on the tank. Used Muriatic Acid. Strong stuff. Right fuel line was plugged. Used Heavy Weed Wacker line and drill. The last 3" was a heavy black tar like substance. Weed Wacker line is good because it is tough. Can take a lot of twisting. Used at least 30 strings a foot long+. Every 5 string or so I would apply air pressure with a coned shape rubber head on a blast nozzle. Eventually broke through with air. Ran several tanks of air through the line. Drained muriatic acid and flush with water 12 times or more. Until particles did not come out and only pure water.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As bad as the Tank was I assume the carb is just as bad. For a rebuild kit do I just need the gasket set 16100-HA7-772 Or do I need more? Also I am at 6500 ft elev and will use this at 9000 ft elev. Do I need different jets?

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
I will get you the o ring specs and jet part number tomorrow.
Stock is 142? and they recommend what I cannot remember.
In my first 86 i run a 138.5? at 3100-4000 ft it does well. I’m going to swap over to the 142–because my second 86 runs real well. It really helps to just have a spare carb

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Ok petcock oring is an 8mm x 2mm seal. You can get them from Crown Products Inc in Tulsa part number 645080020

i have a 138.0 main jet i may try
Honda part 99101KPE1380

i use a 132.5 main jet it works well plenty of power
Guessing part number is 99101KPE1325

81 - 90 of 90 Posts