Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!!

I have a 1985 TRX 250 that suddenly has no electrical power. Last season everything worked great but when I pulled it out this year nothing when I turned the key on. Figured the battery was simply dead but after a load test its fully charged and holding a load fine. It kickstarts just fine and runs great and I can jump the solenoid and it cranks and starts but I have no indicator lights, head lights or electric start. I have checked the fuses, load tested battery, checked the ignition switch (has power both into and leaving the switch) as well as checked a few of the electrical connectors to no avail. Was hoping somebody had some ideas or info on known issues as I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram that's not useless. thanks everyone!!

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Download the service manual from the link in my signature block below
There’s a wiring diagram in the back but may be hard to read. I bought a printed manual from fleabay.
Check with members at atvhonda.com; several vintage owners over there

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 520 DCT IRS EPS
93 Posts
I think that if you put it away ok and then took it out this year and there was an issue that a rodent got in there and chewed some wires. Check your air box for a nest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem Found!! Loose connection under the front plastics for the secondary fuses. Thanks Goober for the wiring diagrams definitely helped me track down my problem everything is working as it should now appreciate the help guys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts