Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pulled a 1987 honda fourtrax 125 out of the back corner of my grandma's garage that hadn't been started in close to 15 years. I got it all up and running like new. My question is, the model I have seems to be very hard to find plastics for. The machine is in great shape but the little tabs that lock the front fenders to the middle plastic piece are broken. Anyone have any idea where to find replacement plastics. Preferably all of the pieces front and back. Also is this a rare make or were there not many made?

Registered
I recently pulled a 1987 honda fourtrax 125 out of the back corner of my grandma's garage that hadn't been started in close to 15 years. I got it all up and running like new. My question is, the model I have seems to be very hard to find plastics for. The machine is in great shape but the little tabs that lock the front fenders to the middle plastic piece are broken. Anyone have any idea where to find replacement plastics. Preferably all of the pieces front and back. Also is this a rare make or were there not many made? View attachment 151911
Unfortunately Noone makes replacement plastics for the 87-88 trx125 models...and they are a TOUGH find. Alot of 87-88 trx125 parts are discontinued and have to be bought used, or be NOS from the 80s or 90s. Even with the tabs broke on yours, they look to be in decent condition, and would be pretty sought after. You would not have trouble selling them, or the bike itself. Tabs can be "plastic welded" on and they can be repaired. DON'T punch holes in them and zip tie them together if you want to keep a higher resell value! Lol The bikes themselves are less common than average...especially in good shape and with original tires. The 87 models are more common than 88's. They are exactly the same bike except 88's have all red plastic fenders instead of red/white. They're great running, reliable, cool looking bikes that have a bit of a nitch market to some, and especially those that have fond memories of them as a child...like me馃榿 Only real drawback is lack of suspension. It's the last model and years Honda made a 125 CC quad. Hope this helps馃憤

Registered
I recently pulled a 1987 honda fourtrax 125 out of the back corner of my grandma's garage that hadn't been started in close to 15 years. I got it all up and running like new. My question is, the model I have seems to be very hard to find plastics for. The machine is in great shape but the little tabs that lock the front fenders to the middle plastic piece are broken. Anyone have any idea where to find replacement plastics. Preferably all of the pieces front and back. Also is this a rare make or were there not many made? View attachment 151911
Oh and search "plastic welding atv fenders" on youtube and they'll show videos using a $15 harbor freight plastic welder. Also search "super glue and baking soda plastic repair". With those 2 searches...with some creativity and good luck you should be able to fashion some sort of tabs to "weld" on馃憤I'm getting ready to try all this myself as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts