Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1987 Honda Foreman that I will be selling in the near future. It’s all original and was very well taken care of over the years. I purchased it from the original owner. I guess what I’m asking is what would be a fair asking price. I haven’t seen many this nice to compare it to. Thanks Sid

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a 1987 Honda Foreman that I will be selling in the near future. It’s all original and was very well taken care of over the years. I purchased it from the original owner. I guess what I’m asking is what would be a fair asking price. I haven’t seen many this nice to compare it to. Thanks Sid

The NADA guide list your Foreman in "excellent" condition at $1,820.00.

With deer season right around the corner it's a good time to sell and people pay crazy money for a 4x4. But, I'd sure hate to see that great Foreman used at a hunting camp. I hope you can sell it to someone who realizes how rare it is and will continue to take good care of it.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Outstanding show quality 87 Foreman might bring $4000 to $5000 the right collector.

Try posting it on fleabay, you’re not going to get collectors bidding on it out of the newspaper or Kreigslist ad. At first you get a lot of watchers but as you lower your opening bid or reserve you’ll get offers via messaging. Set up a Paypal account so you can get paid.

For some reason that first year Foreman is highly sought after; in fact many Honda ATVs from the year are highly collectible

And don’t try to shine it up—it’s good the way it is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
The most i ever saw one sell for was $4400 and it had 20 miles on the speedo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The NADA guide list your Foreman in "excellent" condition at $1,820.00.

$1820 ain’t bad(lol) . They have 1986 Honda 250r’s in excellent condition valued at $1620. We all know that’s a crock!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EBay sold one a few months ago for $5000. It wasn’t as nice as mine. I talked to the seller a few days after the auction and he said it sold within 8 hours of listing it. He took it on a trade and had $1100 in the trade. Why can’t I come across deals like that?

·
Registered
613 Posts
EBay sold one a few months ago for $5000. It wasn’t as nice as mine. I talked to the seller a few days after the auction and he said it sold within 8 hours of listing it. He took it on a trade and had $1100 in the trade. Why can’t I come across deals like that?

Yep, we should all be that lucky! As @Goober said you have to find a collector or that special person who is obsessed with this particular Foreman. That's a slim market and may take time and patience.
Please be aware of the thieves who buy ATV's and the scams they pull. There are some horrid stories posted to this forum. The most recent, that I remember, was from a member who met a guy in the parking lot of Home Depot. The "buyer" wanted to test drive the bike and drove it off the lot and was never found. He had handed the seller an envelope filled with counterfeit bills.
You would think that meeting someone in public is a smart way to do business, but not always. The value of your bike makes it a target to the wrong people.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
A collector will prolly end up with that one. N She's looks to be VERY well taken care of.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, we should all be that lucky! As @Goober said you have to find a collector or that special person who is obsessed with this particular Foreman. That's a slim market and may take time and patience.
Please be aware of the thieves who buy ATV's and the scams they pull. There are some horrid stories posted to this forum. The most recent, that I remember, was from a member who met a guy in the parking lot of Home Depot. The "buyer" wanted to test drive the bike and drove it off the lot and was never found. He had handed the seller an envelope filled with counterfeit bills.
You would think that meeting someone in public is a smart way to do business, but not always. The value of your bike makes it a target to the wrong people.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks for telling me about that. I guess I’ll ride on the back during the test drive with my glock in my hand. Lot of crazies out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think I'd accept a penny less than $5.5k for that 350D if it were mine. But if it were mine it would not be for sale. 🙂

Thanks for sharing your '87 350D!
Time to pass it on. I’ve got 6 year old twin girls that are ready to get there own horses. Selling my entire collection in due time. Sold my 1983 Honda Big Red that I restored on EBay here a while back. Its hard to sell em but it takes a lot of time to take care of a collection the right way. Between 4 horses and a full time job I’m low on time. I’ve had my fun with them now it’s time to pass the torch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have a speedometer/odometer on the Foreman I didn’t see one
I don’t guess it came with one. It can’t have 1000 miles on it. The red lines are still on the original tires. All bolts are rust free so it was stored inside it’s whole life. Decals are crisp and there is a detailed log book of everything done to it, which isn’t much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
need some advise on selling this thing on EBay. I was thinking put a reserve on it with a 99 cent starting bid but someone said it costs 100 bucks to set a reserve. Does anyone know if this is true.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
need some advise on selling this thing on EBay. I was thinking put a reserve on it with a 99 cent starting bid but someone said it costs 100 bucks to set a reserve. Does anyone know if this is true.
You can set a reserve with a say $999 opener. And/or you can set a buy it now price. You can’t revise after bidding starts.

Some of the options in the listings will result in a small fee — you will see these listed when drafting the advert—most fees are collected when you sell. some fees are monthly and then of course they occasionally send you offers to list for free, half price, etc.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome bike! I'd say it's worth every bit of $5000. The one that sold on ebay for that much looked as good but had a dented wheel. It was located in the northwest, Montana, I believe. You'd struggle to get half that locally, so using ebay to reach collectors is the way to go.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't believe it cost much, if anything, to list on ebay. Even with a reserve. Adding a reserve might be closer to 99 cents, not dollars. Where it will get expensive is the percentage of the final amount it sells, up to $125, I believe, for vehicles. Then you'll get a 3% fee from paypal on the deposit or total amount if you'll agree to ship it to someone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts