Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently took traded for a couple of four wheelers. A 92 Fourtrax 300 than runs like a champ and a 1987 350D that doesn't. It has no spark and was missing the air box, snorkel, battery, ignition switch, and some plastic parts.

Progress so far: The airbox parts are here, but I'm waiting until I get it running to worry much about that. The new battery is installed, and the new ignition switch. I got it turning over without too much trouble. I did the troubleshooting from the service manuals and came up with a bad CDI. The CDI will have to wait until next month but l should have enough to keep me occupied until then.

Here's a couple pictures of my new wreck.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know it is the original. I'll see if I can get a picture up tomorrow. Mine came with the four wheeler so I don't know if it's hard to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
That spotlight looks like a Blazer brand I bought off Walmart's website for around $25. It's a 35-watt unit. I'm still mounting mine to my TRX300FW.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sure could be. It would make sense because the wires for the light go straight back to the battery rather than to a wiring harness. I haven't looked at it that close.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to take a picture of the light but I couldn't find a manufacturer 's name on it.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
That spotlight looks like a Blazer brand I bought off Walmart's website for around $25. It's a 35-watt unit. I'm still mounting mine to my TRX300FW.
You nailed it, that's a for sure a blazer , good narrow beam spot light, you can even get deferent wattage quartz bulbs for it also, i got a great deal on a ram , took out the 35 sealed bug eye bulb and went with par 36 13 volt 100 watt 1/2 million candle power air plane landing strip bulb narrow beam spot works great! a spot light IMO is a a BIG plus for any atv :)

I didn't know Wally world carried blazer ?

Do toss up some pics .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you had any luck getting spark yet? I just picked up a 1987 350D, it was missing some parts but I have it turning over now but no spark... how do you test the CDI?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts