Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 1987 250X last night. It was rebuilt about four years ago with all new "guts" from what I understand. The only problem I see so far is that the guy we bought it from didnt have an owners manual. I've searched online but not finding any luck on a site that seems legit. We have figured out most of it, but having the manual sure would come in handy. Anyone know where I can get one?

On a side note -- any tricks of the trade in using a kick-start? My other ATV has electric start so have never had to do the kick-start thing before. I apparently am not pushing hard and fast enough to do it. :(

Thanks for the input,
Kellie in Peculiar, MO

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Search at tradebit.com for a manual.

To kick start, try gently pushing the lever until you feel more resistance against your foot. That's the compression stroke. Once you reach that point, release the lever and let it come all the way to the top, then stand up on it and kick it hard.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I find it easier to kick my 200x backwards like a dirtbike while standing next to the bike on the ground. Whenever I tried to kick it forward standing on the pegs it would slip and bash my shin.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Welcome to the forums
Yeah boy shin bashing I love it!!! LMAO I have a permanant bruise, muddy feet will do it everytime. Try doing what pain suggested that's the easiest way. When you kick it don't be gental or you'll be there all day. I have certain pages scanned on my computer but not the whole manual what are you looking for?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts