Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new here just picked up an old 87 fourtrax 250 thing runs like a top and has the old directional tires on it just wondering if anyone is aware if its possible to swap the rims out for instance to get some real tires on the back and perhaps get a 12 or 14 inch rim versus the 9 inch on it ive tried researching for the bolt pattern specs but havent been so lucky any help would be greatly appreciathed. I was also wondering about maybe a moderate lift the front ends a little tricky but im sure relocating the arms a little bit will give it some more just wondering if i intend to do it i would need bigger shocks and wonder if they are even available? thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums... for starters when you go lifting these quads or any quad it tends to put a strain on certain parts. I would look into the ITP Mudlites or the Maxxis Zillas they are both a good tire. I'm not sure about the bolt pattern maybe bike bandit.com can tell you something, Also try ITP website for what rims would fit your quad. good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
alright thank you very much ill try my luck and see
I had also a trx250x 87, great small atv, runs pretty good, a few months ago a friend of mine let me use his tires, they were higher than stocks around 1 inch, I only tried at the rear ones, and It looks like lost engine power, we lost aceleration but we make a little benefit on top speed, I will recommend you to use the same size than stock, you can go to ITP holeshot or Maxxis, this is a small engine atv and any changes on the tires will affect it`s power!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The bolt pattern should be 4/110. As far as I know Honda has never changed it.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I think he's talking about the Utility version 250 not the one like mine

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Someone give Mud a star for the day good job buddy post it in the schematics page

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks again all for your help ive tried to find a little bit bigger rims for the back but i guess ill just keep the ones that are on it my problem is i cant find any zillas or anything like that to fit the wierd sized rim its like a 26 12 8 or maybe 9 inch rim all the mud tires im finding are all 10 and above inch rim like i said though thanks again for all the help and the reference site

1 - 12 of 12 Posts