Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think i found a barn find it been riden and put under shed its whole life. On that note is their anyone near Memphis TN. I'm looking for about any spate I can find for repairs or make a new part from thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or a place that has most all of parts for the brakes. Will need left handle and right one also might as well so cables and seals berings etc thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't know much about brake upgrades. I believe there might be a disk upgrade option but it requires 12" diameter wheels instead of the stock 11's". It's a little work but you can get the original ones working with some effort and maybe some new oem pads. They work well enough. These bikes are geared so low that I can't imagine upgrading to disk brakes would really offer much of a performance difference.

Here's a link to partzilla for Honda OEM parts. You'll need to do some internet searches if you want to research aftermarket options:
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1987/trx350d-a-fourtrax-foreman-4x4

I know these front brakes fairly well. You may need to pull the wheel cylinders and make sure they aren't seized up. There's a manual in PDF form for these bikes floating around this forum. It's a must have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just pulled my late father old Forman 350 out of the barn and drained the fuel, cleaned the carb and got it running. Looks like something built a nest in the airbox. It ate the filter but didn't get past the intake screens. However both the filter screen and screens on the back of the carb are rusted pretty good. Looked for them on bike bandit, but they don't show those parts available. Did notice, getting this thing started, that the carb does spit a fair amount of fuel out the back. Are these necessary to prevent a burn back into the filter? Are they available any where? Can I dip them in muratic acid to clean off the rust.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Good on ya for taking care of your pop’s old tank.
Try some cleaning vinegar from Walmart; and bUy an OEM air filter.
Download the service manual and parts links in my signature block below.
If Rocky Mountain or partzilla doesn’t have it some fleabay seller might have it.
Just know that the 87 Foreman uses different CDI than 88-89

1 - 7 of 7 Posts