Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell, I’m new to this forum thing.
I have this fuel prob. No gas to the carb, Ive replaced the fuel cut relay and the fuel pump. All fuel lines are clear and pit cock is clear. Hasn anyone had any probs with the relay. I have 12v into relay but not to the pump. Jump over the relay and the pump works. Bad relay? Is there a fuse between the relay and pump? It’s mostly in a harness that’s no accesable. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
did you check all the fuses ?, is all the parts oem ?, or some china junk from ebay or amazon ?. pump won't work unless your cranking it over !.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1987 honda four trax

Thanks for the reply,
Yes, all OEM replacement parts? No volts past relay to pump. Brand new honda relay is in question.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Thanks for the reply,
Yes, all OEM replacement parts? No volts past relay to pump. Brand new honda relay is in question.
let me rephrase my question...did you buy all the parts from honda ?, or ??. the pump wont work unless its cranking over, then the relay works. pump from honda ?, or china after market ??. if you paid 20 something bucks for the pump off ebay or amazon ?..then you bought a cheap knock off china fuel pump !.

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
When you are jumping relay which two wires are you jumping?
See page 20-8 of the manual for fuel pump test:
There’s voltage testing to make sure you’re not missing a ground
Jumping Bl/G to Bl/Bu?
Pump fuse next to main fuse
All of your lights working?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Goober
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing