Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

My carb is leaking gas when sitting in the garage from the drains indicated in the pictures attached. Any ideas why gas would be dripping out of these locations when the quad is shut off and parked? The red circles on the pictures are the points that feed into the drain line where the gas is coming from.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
your float needle is sticking open, letting the carbs bowl over fill, and it's headed for the over flow tubes, which is what you see in your pics.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
and it does not matter if it's running or not ?, if the fuel's petcock is left on ?, it will drain from the fuel tank to the carb, and over fill if the float needle is not shutting of flow ?.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shadetree,

I turned the petcock off but it still seems to be overflowing. It appears the petcock is not working and likely needs to be replaced.

How does a guy go about repairing this issue with the sticking needle in the carb?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Shadetree,

I turned the petcock off but it still seems to be overflowing. It appears the petcock is not working and likely needs to be replaced.

How does a guy go about repairing this issue with the sticking needle in the carb?

Thanks,

Jeff
yeah, petcock is bad, if still flowing fuel to carb when off ?. a carb rebuild kit is in order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,

Thanks for the help. I'll try and locate a rebuild kit. Any suggestions of one online?

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for the help. I'll try and locate a rebuild kit. Any suggestions of one online?

Jeff
ebay, shindy brand, or moose brand, shindy is what I use the most :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts