Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to mount some itp delta steel wheels on the front and I am having trouble. Apparently my bolt pattern is 4/130 on this machine. The wheels I got are 4/110. I found an adapter, but the lug nuts are too short to go through the adapter to be secured.

I went with the same setup (or so I thought) as goldjohn in this thread and I am trying to figure out where I am going wrong. I don't see that itp offers the delta steel wheels in a 130mm bolt pattern.

Please check out this thread and see if you can figure out what he did to make it work. I would pm him, it shows he hasn't been online in months.

http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/honda-trx/44509-new-25-executioners-my-86-fourtrax-250-a.html#close

I am almost done with this bike so I can go ride, but what I thought would be one of the easier things has turned out to be a nightmare.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, I was wondering if maybe the 85 had a different front bolt pattern than did the 86-87? I have seen a couple threads on here in my searching that said the machine had a 144mm bolt pattern.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
4/110 bolt pattern, pretty sure all Honda's have this bolt pattern.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Your quad shouldn't have 4/130 bolt pattern. The 250's had 4/110 all around, and the older 200 had 4/110 on the front and 4/150 on the rear. Sounds like someone has done some parts swapping on it over the years. Only the ATC185/200 trikes had 4/130 hubs on them. The 250R 2 stroke quads had 4/144 front hubs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My '85 front bolt pattern is larger than the rear's. Is the dimension from lug nut center to lug nut center diagonally or the next one concentrically?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok I will try to measure mine. I'm almost 100% sure it's bone stock. I know I've seen the pattern stamped into some rims. Anybody know if it should be stamped on the inside or the outside of the rim?

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I had some pics but the bike is at work and I am now home.

Rims look factory to me. Drums have the two inspection holes. One says shoe inspection and the other says adjustment or something like that and they look factory too. Quite possible they got changed out over the past 30 years. Is there a factory 4/130 drum that would fit the front?

Bolt pattern is definitely 130mm. I measured it the way the pic shows with a caliper. I am stumped. Hopefully wiredrider can measure his to confirm. Maybe I should just get some front drums off eBay and hope they are 110mm

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll check tomorrow (Saturday) and get back to you here. There's definitely a difference between the front and the rear. I'll take some pics, too.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok I just confirmed my '85 250's front wheels are 4/130. I'm measuring the rear next but my guess is 4/110 because they've visibly smaller.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I just confirmed my '85 250's front wheels are 4/130. I'm measuring the rear next but my guess is 4/110 because they've visibly smaller.
Same as mine, thx for checking. I can't be this hasn't been mentioned before on this site. In hours of searching the site, I saw posts saying 110 and posts saying 144, but never did I see anyone say they had a 130 bolt pattern. My own stupidity for ordering wheels based on the site info and not confirming myself.

No I am considering ordering drums off an 86 is someone could confirm they in fact changed to a 110 pattern on the front for that year. I've ordered enough wrong stuff for this round.

·
Premium Member
12,606 Posts
I'll check tomorrow (Saturday) and get back to you here. There's definitely a difference between the front and the rear. I'll take some pics, too.
I see you got an 86sx 200 , I got one also , it is the one that has the two different rim sizes , the trx250a in 86 and 87 both had the same back and front rim pattern , I have had the 300 25" tires on it , don't know about the 85 250 as I never had one of them

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah it's funny how they put the big ol' rims & tires on the back of both models. It does give them nice stances. Sort of old school muscle car like. LOL

BlackOut: check Partzilla as the hub part numbers should be different then from '85 to '86.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah it's funny how they put the big ol' rims & tires on the back of both models. It does give them nice stances. Sort of old school muscle car like. LOL

BlackOut: check Partzilla as the hub part numbers should be different then from '85 to '86.
Will do just that.

Fishfiles also confirmed the pattern was the same front and rear so I am guessing Honda made a change from 130mm to 110mm for the 86 model year trx250 utility.

Looks like i am now looking for some 86-87 drums to make my wheels work

·
Premium Member
12,606 Posts
I looked it up for you , 85 TRX250A brake drums and rims only fits that year and model bike and no other , thats wild ------- the wheel bearing and seals are the same for the 86-87 and many other bikes , I would think you could use 86-87 drums and be ok ---------- are you close to New Orleans , I never did get into shipping ------ I have at least 2 86-87 TRX250A front ends complete , maybe more

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked it up for you , 85 TRX250A brake drums and rims only fits that year and model bike and no other , thats wild ------- the wheel bearing and seals are the same for the 86-87 and many other bikes , I would think you could use 86-87 drums and be ok ---------- are you close to New Orleans , I never did get into shipping ------ I have at least 2 86-87 TRX250A front ends complete , maybe more
Wish I was closer, would love to get those drums, check out all your atvs, see the trx250 to 300 rear conversion we discussed in another thread, etc., but I am way over in Dallas. I am looking on eBay for some, found a couple, but no good deals so far.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts