Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am trying to get a 1985 honda 70 atc running, I bought new carb,coil,plugs, and stator assembly and adjusted points and still will not run. Seems to have weak spark and at times no spark. Tried different rotors which had a little rust on them. Still no luck. Today I transfered all the new stuff to a 1979 70 and still having same problem. I did notice that the stator assemblies are a diff part # will this affect anything? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
Welcome to the forums. check the wires at the CDI unplug them and make sure they are clean re install them and check the grounds too.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Hello All,
I am trying to get a 1985 honda 70 atc running, I bought new carb,coil,plugs, and stator assembly and adjusted points and still will not run. Seems to have weak spark and at times no spark. Tried different rotors which had a little rust on them. Still no luck. Today I transfered all the new stuff to a 1979 70 and still having same problem. I did notice that the stator assemblies are a diff part # will this affect anything? Thanks
not sure the stator numbers will matter..but..with that many year differences..more than likely the c.d.i's won't work...most honda's c.d.i's from one year to the next these days..and back into the mid 80's won't interchange..been there..tried that !..lol.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
CDI? Mine has the points & condenser system, am I missing something? Thanks
Welcome to the forums. You're correct, if it has points, it won't have a CDI. Do the points look good? I would try replacing the points and condenser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is weird is that I bought the stator assembly new, points and condenser came with it. Used the light system to adjust the points, and it seems like I got that right. I just don't know.... thanks for your reply's

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Most everyone uses the active topics or filters posts by date, so they'll see the post no matter where it ends up. Shadetree, Moose and Helmut are the guys to get you sorted.

The mods probably should move this thread to the tech forum and let you post another 'hello thread' here. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts