Just got her yesterday.

Got it home, seized motor,
Plastics super faded
Petcock leaking fuel
Air filter destroyed
Tires are shot
Had a fan wired to the front for some reason
Had a battery tray on too of front racks
Rear battery has no wires running to it, I guess previous owner didn't like it under the left rear wheel well
Master cylinder is shot
Carb needs rebuilding
And that's what I've found out so far lol
Engine freed up by adding atf to the sparkplug hole and letting it sit overnight
She started right up with some starter fluid down the air intake and to my surprise it didn't smoke!! All kinds of parts are on the way and I'll be updating this thread as I go along.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Nice!
download the service manual and check parts links in my signature block below
Only buy oem parts if you can get them.
Only use atv wet clutch engine oil—not automotive oil!

you can try a little Novus plastic polish on those fenders — three step cleaner and scratch polish. I usually use #2 light scratch remover. #3 is for very heavy scratches and will mar a smooth surface

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!
download the service manual and check parts links in my signature block below
Only buy oem parts if you can get them.
Only use atv wet clutch engine oil—not automotive oil!

you can try a little Novus plastic polish on those fenders — three step cleaner and scratch polish. I usually use #2 light scratch remover. #3 is for very heavy scratches and will mar a smooth surface
Believe it or not the plastics aren't that scratched. I'm going to remove them and paint them with automotive paint. Bright red and then clear coat them a couple of times. I'm looking for a replacement sticker kit for it. also I downloaded the manual! Thanks!
Local upholstery shop is going to redo the seat soon. Waiting on him to tell me it's ready so I can pick it up. Standard black seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With that fan on the front it looks like a boss hoss lols
I turned it on just for sh!ts and giggles and it was super loud lol
it def. needs some WD-40 or grease. I removed it and scrapped it. would've worked as a balls cooling device lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some progress updates
Carb rebuilt, ignition switch replaced, starts at 1st kick. Also found out the starter relay is bad so I went ahead and ordered it. Seat should be fine tomorrow and I'll post pics 👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the upholstery guy thought I'd be OK with a croc skin seat. NO!
so now hes re-doing it again in standard black smooth texture. here are some pics lol

·
Premium Member
12,596 Posts
I was reading along on your list of what was wrong with it and scrolled down where I could see the pic and wow , it is a lot nicer than I was envisioning , the 250 Fourtraxs are tuff atvs , I have gone thru quite a few of them ---- stilling running them 250 read ends in my 300s ----like your seat, Faux Alligator

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
seat was redone in standard black. dont like that croc shit at all lol
UPDATE:
bike now runs and drives fine
new tires on her, new battery (just need to run the wires again) has a bad starter solenoid (already ordered) and seems rear brakes are stuck. shes coming along nicely. maybe this weekend ill take her for a nice drive if she's able to lol

·
Premium Member
12,596 Posts
Oh , I see now on the gator seat ----------- how much does a seat cover job go for now days ------- it cost me about $5 to recover my seats with marine grade vinyl ----

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update
Got a new brake master cylinder today. Mine is shot and has the little viewing glass broken so there's a hole.
Also got my starter relay and will be installing it sometime this week. She's almost ready. Coming soon are sanded and painted plastics. All red ones will be redone in car paint. Will be clear coated maybe like 5 times heavy so it looks better than new and has better protection from scratches and scuffs. She's by no means a trailer queen and will be used lightly on trails and maybe some sand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would anyone happen to know where I can get some factory stickers for this beast? Or can someone make some reproduction stickers for me? Thanks I'm advance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts