Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale, my completely restored 1983 Honda cx650c. too many parts to list !, most of you know my work :). asking $ 1,500.00, WILL NOT TAKE LESS, PLEASE DON'T ASK ! :). clear title in my name, ready for a rider, if anyone is interested ?, hit me up, will not ship, pick up only, cash only !. p.s. also listed on local CL's, first come, first serve :).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Hate that your selling your cycle to finish up the 500 ? I take it thats the reason ? I don't ride two wheels , ive worked on a few (enjoyed that) , but never road , (might one day) :) she's a sharp looking cycle !

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hate that your selling your cycle to finish up the 500 ? I take it thats the reason ? I don't ride two wheels , ive worked on a few (enjoyed that) , but never road , (might one day) :) she's a sharp looking cycle !
lol, I don't need, or have to sell it ?, I just want more room on my carport..lol. I still have my '85 vf700c magna, which will go to the grave with me !..lmao. if I can't get my asking price ?, i'll just tag it, and start riding it !..lol. she's a looker for being 30 something years old for sure !.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Ah okay, I'm glad your keeping it :), didn't know you had two cycles, should have guess you did DANG honda addict! Like me lol! :D

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah okay, I'm glad your keeping it :), didn't know you had two cycles, should have guess you did DANG honda addict! Like me lol! :D
at one time, I had 4 motorcycles under my carport..lol. 1984 vf1100c magna, 1987 vf700c '' super '' magna, 1984 vf500c magna, and my 1985 vf700c magna. I just don't rebuild/restore atvs !..lol.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Man of many talents ! I wasn't that lucky , did mostly Harley oil changes brakes tires, custom led frame lights. I think, if memory serves me right only one vf700c , service ..... I don't why we saw so few honda cycles ? But Harley's out the ying yang, lol, so you'll be down to just thu vf700c, not counting honda atvs And future projects ?

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man of many talents ! I wasn't that lucky , did mostly Harley oil changes brakes tires, custom led frame lights. I think, if memory serves me right only one vf700c , service ..... I don't why we saw so few honda cycles ? But Harley's out the ying yang, lol, so you'll be down to just thu vf700c, not counting honda atvs And future projects ?
that is correct. only selling the cx650c to make my carport get more room, pay some bills, finish my trx500fm. don't have to sell it ?, but would be nice..lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ jay, you may or may not remember these bikes with these engines ?, but back in the day, Honda riders dubbed them '' flying V's '' because of the way the cylinders stick out of the frame.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is a few pics before/during tear down..lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
little more progress :).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spent ungodly number of hours when working on this project. final product is at the top of page, turned out nice I think ? :).

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
My number two fave bike was my 79 CB650. Smooth as silk comfy and get after the 750s. I members the flying Vs! First radiator and shaft drive right?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
@ jay, you may or may not remember these bikes with these engines ?, but back in the day, Honda riders dubbed them '' flying V's '' because of the way the cylinders stick out of the frame.
Sure do! I recall my former boss referring to them as Flying V's i had to ask him what he was talking about the 1st time he referred to them as Flying V's they def had a deferent look, thanks for the pics!

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My number two fave bike was my 79 CB650. Smooth as silk comfy and get after the 750s. I members the flying Vs! First radiator and shaft drive right?
they weren't the first shaft drive ?, the vf750c shadows had shaft drives back in 1982 I think it was ?, then the usa had the embargo crap take place.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gold Wing was Shaft in 76. BMW's were in WW2.
The older CX's used to have rocker arm issues i believe?
Nice looking old Honda.
no rocker arm issues, cam chains yes !. and thanks !.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts