Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so, I dug this out of the garage its lived in for the past40 yrs or so
posted it in my other add of "stuff for sale"
But now its out of the garage I could get some better pic's here for you's to see
it was bought new in 1948 buy my friends father, when his father passed away the family parked in in the garage in 1967 and its been sitting in there ever since, has just 28,485 original miles on it RAN when parked,
no dents but the front bumper, they tried to push something with it and well??

every part is there all name badges, reflectors plastic's lights and gallss, all great shape NO cracks or broken, its a super clean old truck, well dirty, but NO body cancer, frame is solid
truck never seen road salt, was parked before they started using it here, so that saved it for sure
I am trying to sell it, but just posting here so you's can see it, as there not a so common truck, many I know never even heard of them

so here are a few pic's

how she looked coming out of garage onto trailer, then off trailer after it rained on it

Attachments

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My hearing ain't what it ought to be today from Reo Speed Wagon back in the 70's ---------
HAHAHA, yup I seen them play a few time myself
and they did name there bad after these trucks too!
but guessing its us older guys that recall this stuff , hearing might be going, but we still have some memories of our glory days LOL

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
Check out this GoPro vid of the week , I think I want to build one in my yard , wonder what my HomeOwners Insurance would say ---------------https://gopro.com/channel/videos/giant-swing-flip-in-2-7k?ExactTarget=true&utm_campaign=ET_Engagement_VOW_Giant-Swing-Flip_07242015&utm_content=Top_image&utm_medium=email&utm_source=engagement&utm_term=FeaturedVideo

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks like a lot of work LOL
and fun too!

ever seen this??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo
I thought about making one of these as I have a TON of these tree rats here all the time
as for neighbors, ?? I once tried to buy an old WW2 tank once, to park it in my front yard and pint the cannon at a neighbor (at the time) that wasn't so nice
the Government once sold them working running condition, and all you had to do was pay shipping costs
I paid a heavy equipment hauler to get me one, paid the guy up front and then he ran off and never seen him again, screwing me out of my tank
By the time I found out, they were all gone too
OR I would have a me a tank right now LOL
and the cool thing about a tank, is IF you get rubber tracks for them, LEGALLY you can drive them on any non federal road that can legally hold the weight
I could have drove it to the local bars here on weekends LOL
and I had rubber tracks in mind knowing this info!! first thing I would have added!
and well I was a class III gun dealer at the time too, so? other mods would have been on it as well LOL
I would have Loved to see the cops at the local DUI check point with me in that
and wonder what they would have thought or done!! HAHA!

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
I have seen about 6 different squirrel launchers ---------- how's this for an appetizer Cajun Octopus = calamari , marinated in olive oil , vinegar and lemon juice

Attachments

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen about 6 different squirrel launchers ---------- how's this for an appetizer Cajun Octopus = calamari , marinated in olive oil , vinegar and lemon juice
well I hope you like that stuff,a s I wouldn't eat if I was starving LOL
guess we all have things we like and don't. so good for you, I'll pass and leave the critters in the ocean to have all the polution they can have LOL

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK if anyone is interested I am now ONLY asking $5 grand for this truck, just cause winter is coming and don't want to have to find a building to stick it in LOL

SO< if anyone wants it, please let me know
these trucks are far and few and even fewer in this condition

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a friend, rather had a friend (he passed on a couple months back) that was in the process of building a fifth wheel hauler out of one of these. His was a fairly short wheel base so a holmes wrecker bed I gave him fit like a glove and made a nice western hauler style bed. He even installed an allis chalmers diesel engine in it. The body, like yours has no dents and completly cancer free. These were sweet looking old rigs.

·
Premium Member
12,521 Posts
I am working on a truck right now , going to try and remember to take a pic and post it here , it is not as old but really a wild truck and built to the extremes on every part , I'd guess it is a 70's -80's AMC General military built rig pulling a 50 or so yard trailer dump , the problem is a brake s-cam flipped and broke the bearing hanger for the s-cam off the axle housing and locked up the wheel , another problem is the batteries don't stay charged , it has 3 batteries a 24 and a 12 volt system running at the same time on a Neville alternator the size of a small diesel engine , looked that problem over but never got into it yet ------one thing that blew me away on the truck was the tach, speedometer , clock , turbo boost and a couple of other things are all built in to one gauge and looks like air craft gauges , the face opens up with a key or coin and I'd guess to set the clock , trip meters and such

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
men I was really hoping to sell this truck this summer,
or at least before winter and snow gets here
BUt I still have it!!

SO< lowered the price
anyone want it for $4500.00

its a hell of a truck, rare and in good shape , all parts there and a clean title!??
ANYONE??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts