Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've viewed two of the available service manual downloads: 2007-2010 TRX420 and 2009-2011 Rancher 420. Neither of them agree exactly with the machine I have. I want to connect my new reverse light to the Rancher's reverse light without removing the combination meter housing, which has very hard to reach bolts to remove. My Rancher does not have a reverse switch on the transmission as indicated in one of my manuals. The other manual doesn't show a reverse indicator wire on the PCM connector. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
Gonzo, If your Reverse light is driven from your PCM, then you should not connect other lights to it. However, if it is driven from a switch in your transmission, then you may connect a low current led light to it with no problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
with a relay

A relay will work either way. You use the circuit to close the relay and the you feed the relay with 12 volts.

When you go into to reverse your factory light turns on and activates the relay. when the relay activates. It will then pass 12 volts from a fused line to the lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the grey wire that that runs from top center (by the fuel tank)it goes down the right side of the quad I tapped into that for the ground side I used a diode to prevent back flow and for the positive side I tapped into the acc/ignition wire so it only works with the key on. I soldered the wires and put heat shrink tubing on them and sealed it with liquid tape. It works great no problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts