Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a 12v plug on a 2017 rancher? Trying to find one that is plug and play to put in the spot where Honda should have put one to start with. No luck finding one. Thought I'd ask on here before contacting Honda.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
There is no plug and play setup really...

You need the factory accessory pigtail... Which is plug and play.. But you will need to solder and shrink wrap your 12V plug in to it..

I plan to add a 12V plug myself here shortly, I need an extra light for plowing

I already have the pigtail for my winch..

There is 2 pigtails, one with more wires for the heated grips..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Straight out of the dealer accessory catalog.. Should be as close to plug and play as you can get

Honda 12V accessory Socket 08U70-HR3-A20 $29.95
Accessory Sub Harness for Heated Grips, Winch, and/or 12V Harness 08Z01-HR3-A20 $10.95

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking about getting a junction block, similar to what Polaris uses on there sxs. That way I can just use screw down terminals for anything I add.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thinking about getting a junction block, similar to what Polaris uses on there sxs. That way I can just use screw down terminals for anything I add.
That's great idea for the heavy wiring of the winch, battery tender, lighting etc... So you don't have 5 wires coming off each battery terminal... But the Honda harness and 12V socket are made to plug into the factory wiring already in the front of the vehicle.. and the 12V outlet is made to go into the factory location like the foremans/rubicons... plugs into the little red plug under the radiator access panel...

·
Registered
155 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts