Honda ATV Forum banner

12" front, 11" rear rim questions

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi. I'm new to the forum and did not find my answer. I have a 2004 fourtrax rancher at. Front tires are 24x8x12 and rears are 24x10x11. The bike came with spare bighorn 2.0 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear. Since rims are cheaper than rubber, am I safe getting 12" rims for the rear or will it wreck something in the drivetrain?

#2 ·
stick with stock size, this way you wont have to worry about any damage. just sell the extra tires to make up for the price of stock size tires !.

#4 ·
of course tons of people run larger tires on their atvs ?!..but this does not mean its right ?. if honda ( or any of them for that matter ! ) wanted larger tires on them ?..don't you think they would have done this at the factory ?.

#5 ·
Honda puts the cheapest lightest tires/rims they can find on their atvs, not what works best.
He's putting non aggressive 25's on a 400, it will be fine lol. If he asked about 27's or bigger I'd recommend not to run them.
Have you ever upgraded to 25 inch radials? I'd say not as you'd recommend them if you did, the rancher will ride a ton better with 25 inch big horns lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.