Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy friends,

None of you live around here, so I'll share with you. I did an 84.4 mile loop the other day, and this spot was part of that ride. I crossed the old Woodruff bridge, built in 1917, and the checked out the rock reservoir next to it. So cool! I love this old west stuff.

Of course, my 2016 Rancher got me out and back just fine. I road from Taylor, AZ to Holbrook AZ and back. Took 2.5 gallons of gas for 84.4 miles. Mostly smooth cruising at 35-40 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nevertoooldtohavefun

Reactions: misterclean59

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice vid as always. You have great trust in that bike and parking brake...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice vid as always. You have great trust in that bike and parking brake...
Thanks, and yes...it's weird to think a twitch of the thumb or some electronic throttle blip and... epic final Youtube video.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
Nice video! -- amazing how different terrain is from one place to another , the only rocks I see is maybe a clam or oyster shell ----also the lack of trees and brush is amazing ( I'd guess cause it is dessert ) , I am weaving thru trails that have a gazillion trees so tight the bike barely fits -------- the video made me realize again how tires that are good in one place are not good for another

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice video! -- amazing how different terrain is from one place to another , the only rocks I see is maybe a clam or oyster shell ----also the lack of trees and brush is amazing ( I'd guess cause it is dessert ) , I am weaving thru trails that have a gazillion trees so tight the bike barely fits -------- the video made me realize again how tires that are good in one place are not good for another
Yes, it's fun to see the pics people post of different riding terrains. On this ride I went north, which leaves the tree line and heads down in elevation to Holbrook, which is headed toward monument valley if I kept going North. But, if I ride south from my house, I quickly climb through Junipers, into pines, and eventually up to 9400 ft elevation in the White Mountains.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
I think I would like to take an over night , camp out adventure on ATV's out in the boondocks in rolling dessert type terrain , is there any good places where you can still do that , maybe a clean creek running thru it to swim in , maybe do some metal detecting for old west relics , gold or meteorites , see some "ancient alien" , LOL , drawings and rock formations -------- need a change of pace from riding thru slop in thickest , killing snakes and look for horns and bones of dead animals killed by the predators

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I would like to take an over night , camp out adventure on ATV's out in the boondocks in rolling dessert type terrain , is there any good places where you can still do that , maybe a clean creek running thru it to swim in , maybe do some metal detecting for old west relics , gold or meteorites , see some "ancient alien" , LOL , drawings and rock formations -------- need a change of pace from riding thru slop in thickest , killing snakes and look for horns and bones of dead animals killed by the predators
Yes. I am surrounded by exactly what you are describing...rolling desert or woods (but not that thick), some creeks running through, it's remote enough you may not find too many metal relics. But yes, lots of bones about. :) What state are you from?

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
Louisiana , 20 minutes north of New Orleans , on the shore of Lake Ponchatrain , Port of Bayou Lacombe ------

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Louisiana , 20 minutes north of New Orleans , on the shore of Lake Ponchatrain , Port of Bayou Lacombe ------
I really haven't spent any time over there. I've been to Illinois once. Missouri once. Texas once. All the same trip.

I've been to New York once...looks like I need to explore the US a little more! I spent two years living in Chile, South America, but I haven't been to most states in the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts