Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oil seal is leaking on output shaft for front drive line ,any ideas about how hard it is to change looks like i could remove driveline and pop seal out ,replace seal and replace driveline is that about it or is there more to it. also is this a commen problem with this machine

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you have been out of dusty trails or in the mud, you could have just gotten some dirt in there, causing the seal to be pulled open and leak out some oil. Not sure about how hard it is to replace it though.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I agree with Tim. although you maybe able to take some WD-40 and a tiny pick with a rag and attempt to clean between the shaft and seal. I have done this in the past and it worked but it also has not, it depends on how bad the seal is leaking and how long.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
oil seal is leaking on output shaft for front drive line ,any ideas about how hard it is to change looks like i could remove driveline and pop seal out ,replace seal and replace driveline is that about it or is there more to it. also is this a commen problem with this machine
Check for a clogged breather hose also maybe a simple fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts