Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Rubicon stuck in low gear. It has the code 5 for angle sensor and I replaced it after ohming it out and it was out of limits. I clocked the new one correctly and installed it. I cleared the code and tried to reprogram it. It does everything like its supposed to until it gets to the part where you should here the control motor working but you never hear it. I have applied voltage to it and it works. I have checked continuity in all the connections between the angle sensor to the ecm and the shift motor and everything is ok. It has a new battery on it and I read of people having these types of problems with a low battery so I though what the hell, so I charged the battery. It got it out of low gear! I tried it afterwards and it drives normal in auto mode but I tried to program it again and use it in esp mode and it goes right back to code 5. WTF!? Is going on with this thing. I am working on this thing for a friend, I'm used to working on my 300 fourtrax all I have ever had to do is change oil and put in batteries. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Rubicon 500
21 Posts
Could the control motor be bad? I know you said you applied power direct to it and it worked but if there is a position sensor in it (potentiometer) that is bad then the ecu can’t read it and it won’t work right.
I’m just guessing, I haven’t worked on one of these control motors before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts