Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this off older neighbor, 2007 Honda Rincon 680 w only 500miles 200hours and looks like new. Very clean.
started and seemed to run just fine then when It hit full throttle it was gutless.
wont even go 30mph, it does seem to breakup ignition wise and bog. When driving down road it’ll barely hit 30 and runs rough.
im a mechanic and I’ve checked these items
no codes no f1 light on
New plug
Coil and wire look like new
Ran w Air filter off and it looks very clean anyway
Check fuel pressure 52-55 running
Also checked fuel injector and seems fine
Clean new fuel
Tested 5v ref and return signal from TPS and it seems to Coincide with throttle movement.
Pulled muffler rear spark arrestor piece off and looked clean
Checked compression which is difficult due to the cam/comp decompression mechanism but seems to have good compression
Trans shifts fine and it’s a very clean machine, engine oil looks perfect and has always ran synthetic.
where do I go from here? it revs right up nicely and idles perfect but has no power. Neighbor confirmed it’s not running like it should he said he’s had it over 60mph before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lifter cup bore is perfect and it ran great just no power. I’ve saw no other issues with the intake side and exhaust lobe was perfectly fine. Just pulling over draws oil up and all over everything. Intake side spring pressure diff from exhaust? Valve guide seizing? Oil starving that lobe? Don’t see any issues! Always ran synthetic so like flat tappet engines needing zinc is that the issue? No zinc for wear? I don’t know, I’m throwing a cam in and calling it done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts