Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help my Rancher died! Even though its cold blooded she has always started. This is what happened. Sat in the barn here in Michigan for a month went out to start her and she started right up. Went to give her a little gas and she died!! Now the motor turns over but she will not fire. I checked for spark and have a good spark. Any help before I take her to the repairman?????$$$$$.
I have 900 miles on her. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Maybe the fuel lines are clogged up from junk in there or old gas may be jelly-like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rancher 420 won't start reply.

Maybe try just a very small spray of starting fluid(small amount is all that is necessary) into the carb and then turn over the engine. If it sounds like it wants to fire up but then dies, then it sounds like it needs fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the starting fluid and she starts right up than dies so i know its not getting any gas. I than opened up the bowl drain screw and it drained only a very small amount of gas than quit. I turned the gas back on and nothing would come out of the bowel. I sthere anyting electric about this carb? I am stumped and the nearest dealer is over 50 miles awaY. i AM STUMPED.!!!! kEEP sending your ideas as I have tried all that I know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me just say I'm not familar with the machine. But I'm figuring it might have a gas/fuel filter. If so did you change it? Bad batch of fuel with water could possibly cause the fuel line to freeze, but this would be rare.

If there is a way to flush clean the fuel system(tank&supply) that might be my next step, assuming all the obvious causes were looked over first. Obvious meaning...Does the gas tank have a vent line? If so, is it clear? If clogged the gas tank is under a vacuum and fuel wil not flow.

But above all esle don't get crazy and take a hammer to it! :)

Just keep trying so far you're doing the right things sooner or later you'll get up and going. Somebody's gotta have some more ideas.

Search RedQuads.com forum, maybe the answer can be found there, but if so please share it with us here.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Also make sure the float in the carb is not stuck shut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts