Honda ATV Forum banner

07 rancher 400 at

13K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Ruggybuggy 
#1 ·
how are they???? i just found a guy that is willing to trade his 400 for my blaster...... i need to know how they are. thanks

#4 ·
Is that true for the AT? I know the ES has a relatively large number of complaints, but the only thing I've seen about the AT is just opinion that it's not great. I don't recall seeing complaints about problems with it. At least, as memory serves.

#5 ·
The 400 is known for it's lack of power as a utility quad. But that is some peoples opinion. As far as I have seen they are ok IMO.

#7 · (Edited)
The foreman is good, with the same complaints about the ES. I have a 500 ES, and I just sold a 450 ES. I like them both.

The 450 foreman is about the same size as the 420 rancher. The foreman has a stock emergency pull start which I think is an option on the rancher. It is also carb where the 07 rancher is fuel injected, and the rancher is also liquid cooled.

#8 ·
Yes the foreman is a workhorse a good trail and mud quad. lots of power and can handle bigger tires with ease.

#10 ·
Nope your right the es has had a lot of trouble with yhe angle sensor.

#14 ·
Are you sure it's not a Foreman? The Ranchers only came in 350, 400, and 420 sizes. The Foremans came in 350, 400, 450, and 500 sizes.

#16 · (Edited)
I agree. That's what I was thinking, too. I've seen them sell for a lot less. Closer to $2,000-$2,200, but it depends on the miles and the condition.

In extremely good condition, with extremely low miles and hours, it might be worth $2,500.

#18 ·
i just picked up a 2006 rancher 400at just got it running the other day this is my first 4x4 atv and i love it .. i do miss having a clutch and changing gears but this thing will go through and over anything in front of me but so far i have no complaints about the machine

#24 ·
I'm late on this post but I have a 2007 rancher AT 400. Its an excellent machine. No problems in high water, mud, steep hills, nasty rock climbs. Awesome engine braking, so good I may never replace original pads. Its seamless transmission is always on the dime when u need it. I never felt that I needed to go manual w/ it and the motor has more than enough power w/ typical trail riding. Though I have not towed anything w/ it, nothing has broke. I can't say enough about this machine. I just bought a 2010 rancher AT 420, rode it once and its a completly differant animal. Granted the 2007 AT is air cooled and has a solid rear axle, it ROKS.

#25 ·
The ES and auto are different. Since were talking about the auto which is the one I have and it's been a very reliable bike. Some were reporting that sometimes the angle sensor fails but is fairly rare and is easy to change. As far as power mine has more power then the Arctic Cat 400 auto it replaced. It pulls my 300lb railway track that I use to level the driveway better than the Arctic Cat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.