Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Honda Rancher 420, when riding it, the gear gets locked into a gear and the only way to get it out of that gear is to stop and turn the key off and back on. Anybody had this problem before or any idea's?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Any error codes flashing on your display?

·
Registered
46 Posts
What version is it? Is it manual, es, or auto?

·
Registered
46 Posts
look behind the right front tire there will be a round shifter motor with a plug on the side, unplug and clean with a electrical cleaner and put electrical grease on it.This should take care of the problem. If not you may have to remove the shiter motor and take it apart and clean the contacts and the armiture. Its easy to do it takes about 15 min to take off and take apart the motor to clean. If that does not work it cost about $70.00 for new motor. If you do replace you need to replace the gear behind it for about $15.00. This is an easy process also, just remove the 3 bolts on the cove the motor is bolted to and remove the gear.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I agree^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have 07 foot shifter same problem !! is this process for the ES model or foot shifter

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i have 07 foot shifter same problem !! is this process for the ES model or foot shifter
I believe they're talking about an ES model.

·
Registered
64 Posts
well I had the same problem as I posted earlier. I adjusted the tension in my rear brakes and the problem has gone away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts