Honda ATV Forum banner

07 400ex Electrical Issues

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Billy250X 
#1 ·
i was coming back from a friends house today, I pulled in the clutch to roll down the hill and the engine died. I let out the clutch and started it back up and when i hit the gas, i got no power. So i switched it to reserve and it ran like a charm. and about a half mile down the road the lights went out. So i drove it the rest of the way home. when i got home i turned it off, and tried to start it and a rapid clicking sound came from the battery. What is the problem??? Blown fuse??? Seloniod??? I NEED IT WORKING BY THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Something is grounding out.It sounds like the battery drained so much that the stator fried or something because the lights shouldn't have went out.

#4 ·
Agree, the lights should burn, even if there wasn't a battery in it, if it is charging.

#5 ·
I'm going to have to agree ^^^^ sound like you might have lost a regulator

#7 ·
Voltage regulator but I would invest in a manual the told you the specific test procedures for each component oh and a good multi--meter. chasing an electrical issue coould get very expensive.

#8 ·
I'm gonna say a stator ring.It charges the lights and battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.