Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many threads about this, but I have not found a fix for it. My 06 rubi when under load or I'm riding it hard the tranny has a grinding noise coming from it. Under normal riding it doesn't...what gives?? I have not tried anything to fix this yet as it just started last month.

Many threads point to the oil for some reason, but it sounds mechanical to me. Please help!

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
I have read many threads about this, but I have not found a fix for it. My 06 rubi when under load or I'm riding it hard the tranny has a grinding noise coming from it. Under normal riding it doesn't...what gives?? I have not tried anything to fix this yet as it just started last month.

Many threads point to the oil for some reason, but it sounds mechanical to me. Please help!
is it comming from the motor ?..or the rear diff ?

·
Registered
130 Posts

also what kind of oil are you using and weight of oil.. also how often do you change the oil? i assume the rubi is an auto?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
We really need to know where the noise is coming from. Try to localize the sound and get back with us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The noise seems to be coming from the front end. Possible from the motor, but I assumed the transmission or the fron diff.

The oil needs to be change I'm sure. I'm using the recommened oil from honda.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
check and change the front diff oil..all your cv joints..front bearings..see what shape they are in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts